Saturday, August 25, 2012

MY's Salsa Redux

Garden Fresh
 A few years ago a friend of mine gave me a salsa recipe that was sooooo super easy and über delicious!! Everything was out of cans. Can of tomatoes with jalapeños, small can of green chillies, minced garlic...out of a jar GASP!...brown sugar, onion, cilantro, and hot sauce. This year however, with the start of my paleo journey, we put a garden out back. I dubbed it my "salsa garden" I wanted to try my hand a canning salsa for gifts. While my first garden was not that prolific...with the exception of the tomatoes...my weekly CSA deliveries had just what I needed!!
MY's salsa redux!








You may be asking...what about the brown sugar and hot sauce..."That's not Paleo!" I subbed Coconut Crystals for the brown sugar, and some ground up, dehydrated cayenne peppers for the hot sauce!! Perfect if not better!! The fresh jalepeños gave the salsa a little more kick than I had anticipated...but this is one of those salsa that you just can't stop eating regardless of how hot your mouth is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment