Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I struggle with...

What I struggle with the most are those late night sweet tooth attacks. The kids are all asking for a snack before bed, which typically consists of ice-cream. Hubby is on the couch munching on chips or pretzels. What should I grab...usually I succumb to the bowl of ice-cream with the kids!! Today however...I found a recipe that literally I think made me die and go to heaven!! And with only FIVE ingredients!!


What seriously could this gooey mess be? Now I've been know to make chocolate chip cookies only to never actually bake them...right Amanda? I could honestly see that happening with this recipe as well! Ahhh chocolate has been added, along with some coconut. Total deliciousness going on here!!

























Creamy Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroons from Paleo Parents Ingredients
 1 C coconut cream concentrate
 2/3 C maple syrup
 1 tsp coarse salt (a lot, the salt makes this)
 2 C shredded coconut
 1/2 C chocolate chips (so I used more than a 1/2 C...sue me!)

 Instructions
 1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut cream concentrate, syrup and salt until well combined.
 2. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
 3. Use a rounded table spoon to form 1″ balls and press flat onto a baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes, until edges brown slightly; allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tray.

Kids will be home soon...we'll see if they pass the "if it's Paleo I'm not eating it test!" Betcha she caves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment